Clowning & the Courage to Be
15. December, 17-20h
16. December 10-18h with Vivian & Joy, Zurich
A workshop for people who like:
- To break out of everyday life
- Extensive laughter
- Want to try out unknown and thereby allow their neurons to create new links.
You need not:
- to be an artist (you are anyway one)
- to be a tango dancer (we need tango for inspiration)
- to be a clown fan (the method will reveal amazing facets of the humorous presence).
Courage to be! The English word “courage” comes from the Latin word “cor” (heart). The smallest mask in the world, the clown nose, invites us to experience a state of playfulness, a childlike naivete and vulnerability. The clown teaches us to be present at every moment and taking full advantage of it. He makes an elephant out of a fly and enlarges everything in and around him.
The music and the stylized dance of the tango inspires to experience humor in tragedy, to experience closeness and distance, to overcome boundaries and to find your own equilibrium on the contrary.
Both tango and clowning combined teaching, for duo or solo students, will learn to enjoy full presence of the moment.